Wigs in general – but 100% Real Human Hair wigs especially – can be a real life saver for women. But without the proper care the investment is hardly worth it. Learn how to care for your custom wig and enjoy its versatility for years to come. Here are 7 tips for caring for your human hair wig:
- Rotate your wigs. Have at least 2 ready at all times. This way when one is being washed or repaired you’re not left without any. Additionally rotating the wigs helps extend their lifespans.
- Wash your wig every few wears or every couple weeks – whichever comes first – to keep it looking shiny and new.
- When washing, be sure to rinse human hair with the water flowing in the same direction as the hair to prevent matting or tangling.
- Always take care to pay special attention to the area around the face while washing. This is where oil, dirt, and debris accumulates most heavily.
- To avoid stretching the cap never place a wet wig on a mannequin or styrofoam head to dry. You’ll shorten its life span significantly.
- NEVER use hot water while washing, it will loosen the wig construction and lead to the hair falling out.
- Never twist or knot hair while drying; it simply can’t stand up to that kind of manipulation.
Now that you know how to care for your wig, wear it with confidence!
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.